Thursday 5 April 2012

Better late than never?

Hmm, bit late this week in writing up my exciting findings!  This is due to a surprise visit form the head honchos - yes, I think I will blame them! - on Monday which led to me not getting to this bit til now.

It was all about the office this week, and online tools that may help.  I've never used PowerPoint (or even done a presentation for a long, long time) but Prezi makes me want to confine it to history, I think (though I'm not sure I want to do a presentation!).  It looks super sharp and whizzy!  Although, I've not yet tried it (the website was a bit defunct on Monday), I really would like to give it more of a whirl.

Doodle and Remember the Milk didn't realy get the saliva flowing in the same way and I sort of just stared at them briefly.  The latter I'm sure would help me a lot, mind.  But.  Not now.  Silly, really, not to try, but, as I said, I had not much time...

I did do a survey though.  A VERY simple one to ascertain a preference for tea or coffee.  As with the others, this could be a very useful tool, particularly as a simple way to gain information from users and will keep in mind.  In the meant time, 2 people did my survey.  Both tea drinkers.

Google Docs got me the most excited and I am very keen to try and use this more, esp in conjunction with iGoogle which I've been playing with more this week.  Could be very good for sharing documents - whether they be stories or more work-related - with people.  So much easier than blogging or e-mailing, potentially.  Super.  Will be playing with it more - probably in conjunction with my adjacent blog, twitter and scribd....

Til next week....

Toodle pip!

No comments:

Post a Comment