Monday 23 April 2012

Google... and beyond!

I never think about using anything other than google to search.  And even after this weel's things, I imagine it would be extremely difficult to get out of the habit and use a different binary loco. 

The searches I ran ("gillingham", "city" and "James Atkinson") didn't turn up up massively different results across google, yahoo, bing and ask jeeves, though there were some small differences.  I was more intrigued, though, with some of the other features such as the Popular Q&A on ask jeeves and the Related Searches on bing which looked fun and useful. 

The meta search engines were the real revelation for me - I can't understand why these aren't used more - why search one engine when you do the lot - zuula seemed the best, and most random at times - which just makes it all the more fun, of course - esp when it reminds you of your Victorian namesake's hair remedy: http://www.uniquebottles.co.uk/PotLids1.htm

A google a day might be the coolest thing I've seen here, and a good way to round things off.

No comments:

Post a Comment